Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Miss Sierra Leone USA Attends 2014 Sierra Leone Progressive Union's Independence Day Picnic

Hello world!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm doing fabulous, thanks be to God! On July 4th, I attended the Sierra Leone Progressive Union's (SLPU) annual picnic in commemoration of our nation's Independence Day in Virginia. This was my second time attending this picnic, I was a special guest there last year. It was a lovely event getting to see familiar faces, and meeting wonderful new folks. Being a picnic, the food was delicious and I took home a lovely spread of take-out. Thanks to all that blessed me with the food! Overall, I had a phenomenal time on such a beautiful day.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson and little Miss Soraya (daughter of Actor/Comedian Foday Kargbo)
Mr. David Vandy (Voice of America anchor and Director) and Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson and some cast mates of 'Cry of the Country Virgin'
On August 16, 2014, I will be starring in the classic Sierra Leonean play Cry of the Country Virgin as Matorma, the lead character. At this event, an excerpt was scheduled to be performed to show a preview of our stage play; so a good amount of the cast was present. I'll be blogging more details about tickets and more information in an upcoming post. Don't miss this masterpiece African experience next month! Below is the flier for the play.
Cry of the Country Virgin
August 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm
4101 Fairfax Parkway, Alexandria, Virginia 22312
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson and Musician/Dancer Ahmed Janka Nabay (King of Bubu Music)
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson and Mr. Joseph Umarr Deen-Koroma (All People's Congress Youth Wing Leader in the US)
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson and Mr. Foday Kargbo (Actor/Comedian)
My "Showbiz Dad"
Mr. David Buakei Vandy and Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Little Miss Soraya and Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Special Remarks:
HAPPY 238th BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!
Happy Independence Day to these United States of America. Special thanks to all the women and men that serve our country in and out of uniform. Our nation may not be perfect, but I know we have come a very long way and the best is yet to come. Hardworking citizens of this nation, whether born here or naturalized, built it. I am grateful for the sacrifices made for me to live in this country by my mother, and all the historical figures in the civil rights movement and women's movement, etc. I wear my Miss Sierra Leone USA sash proudly always because I know represent a phenomenal diaspora in a great nation. I am proud to be an American. I am a proud Sierra Leonean American. May God continue to bless the USA.


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA.

Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter @MissSaloneUSA
Follow me on Instagram @MissSierraLeoneUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...