Friday, August 15, 2014

Miss Sierra Leone USA Leads Health and Wellness Workshop At 2014 AIRF Youth ArtBeat Summer Program

Hello world!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I've been very busy but happy, thanks be to God! This summer has been full of adventures for me, and I have been loving every minute of it. It has been such an adventure that I'm actually behind on blogging, but I'll be doing catch-up in the upcoming days to let all of you know what I've been doing. A couple days ago, I led a Health and Wellness workshop for students in the African Immigrant and Refugee Foundation's (AIRF) 2014 Youth ArtBeat Summer Week program.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson with AIRF 2014 Youth ArtBeat Summer Week Program students
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson leading a Health and Wellness workshop
This Summer Week group involved students in Elementary, Middle, and High School. I had so much fun with the kids, and it is always a pleasure serving AIRF, and recollecting on the days I was in the Catching Up Program back in High School. Our conversation involved health, fitness, hygiene, and the importance of positive and healthy image.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson leading Health and Wellness workshop
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson leading Health and Wellness workshop
Most of the students in the Summer Program I had the opportunity to meet a couple months ago at the AIRF 2014 Youth Awards. As you may know from my many past posts, I've spoken fondly of AIRF and as an alumnus of the Catching Up Program, it is always a pleasure to give back to the current students.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson leading Health and Wellness workshop
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson with AIRF 2014 Youth ArtBeat Summer Week Program students
When You Believe Foundation, Inc. Founder/CEO and Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson

There's nothing more important than our good health - that's our principal capital asset. - Arlen Specter


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA.


REMINDER
Come out tomorrow (Saturday, August 16th) and watch me and the amazing cast in our live stage performance in the classic Sierra Leonean play, Cry of the Country Virgin.
CRY OF THE COUNTRY VIRGIN


Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter @MissSaloneUSA
Follow me on Instagram @MissSierraLeoneUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...