Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Miss Sierra Leone USA at the Spartanburg International Festival

Hello world!!!
Hope you and yours are doing well. Fall season has been in full effect, and I've literally been feeling it over the past couple of days. Tis' the season to dress appropriately for the weather. It's been a struggle for me on some days  when it comes to getting up in the early mornings for my co-op internship, but I'm adjusting to the change of climate and loving the beautiful colors of autumn! This past Saturday, I attended the 2012 Spartanburg International Festival, and had a great time. It was fun seeing displays of different cultures and people of the world in little ol' Spartanburg. Special thanks to my friend and co-worker, Eric, for taking the photos below and voluntarily becoming my photographer, so I can share my time with you all.

Can you spot Sierra Leone?
 At the Festival, I got to meet some awesome people from African nations and other nations of the world. It was really cool to view the displays at the booths for all the nations. Unfortunately, there was no booth for Sierra Leone. If only I'd have known about this festival many months ago, I'd have made Sierra Leone have one. However, I was glad to have been there because I got to talk to many people about the Lion Mountain and what makes my Republic so special and blessed. Also, I think having the mini flag on my lapa made a bigger presence of my country, because I visited every corner at the festival. Many people were curious to know what flag it was, where my country is located, to get a better look of the "skirt" I was wearing, etc.
Folks at the booth for Rwanda
Upendo at the Tanzania booth
Haiti
South Africa
At the Cameroon booth with a future soccer superstar
Cambodia
The ladies were so sweet and loved my lapa, flag, and hair flower
Belly dancers!!!
USA!!!
Kenya
Italy

Food section
Sweet  and beautiful girl I met who is really shy
Her pose is what I call FIERCE!!!
Bellydancers!!!
Eric, my photographer for the day
Cambodian bubble tea. Yum!!!
Due to the fact that my grandma always told me to eat before leaving the house, I went to the Festival with a full stomach of rice and cassava leaves. However, I decided to get some Cambodian bubble tea to cool down because it was a hot day, and it was very delicious too! In addition, I bought some Kenyan dirty rice and beef stew to take home. The foodie in me absolutely loved eating that for dinner later that day.
Two handsome boys I met from Cameroon
Sweet and beautiful girls I met at the Kenyan food booth

Overall, I had a great time! Bravo, people of Spartanburg and the world!!!




Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...