Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Miss Sierra Leone USA Loves Dr. Wangari Maathai

Hello world!!!
I will like to share a quote from one of my favorite public figures in the world, the late Dr. Wangari Muta Maathai. Dr. Maathai was an environmental and political activist from Kenya. I believe that Dr. Wangari epitomizes my personal platform of advocating for SHERO as Miss Sierra Leone USA. Read more about Dr. Maathai and discover what a phenomenal woman she was.

"African women in general need to know that it's OK for them to be the way they are - to see the way they are as a strength, and to be liberated from fear and from silence" Dr. Wangari Muta Maathai.
Dr. Wangari Muta Maathai

P.S.: New blog post coming up next about my time at the 2012 Sierra Leone Association of Artists and Musicians Awards (SLAAM) in Washington, D.C. this past weekend.
Miss Sierra Leone USA at the 2012 Sierra Leone Association of Artists and Musicians (SLAAM) Awards

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA


Like my Facebook Page & Follow me on Twitter (@MissSaloneUSA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...