Saturday, September 14, 2013

23 Facts: Get to know Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013

Hello world!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I'm doing fantastic, thanks be to God. Just for fun and an opportunity for you all to get to know me more, I wanted to share some interesting/weird things about me. I have loved serving your Miss Salone USA, but being Ruby is the best role I've had all my life. If you can relate to any of these, please share them with me in the comments section below, facebook, or twitter. The purpose is to create a dialogue, and to create a platform for interaction with you all. I chose to write 23 facts (in random order), because I turned 23 years of age this past Monday (September 9). Enjoy!!!
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Always representing the Green, White, Blue
Here we go...
  • When I'm very hungry and finally get to eat, I get excited to eat as if it's my first meal ever in life.
  • Unintentionally, I tend to think of something really funny that happened in the past when I'm in very serious situations and start twitching in order to suppress the laughter.
  • When I'm nervous and don't know what to do, I start laughing even though nothing is funny, and my laughter annoys the person angry at me because they think I'm not remorseful.
  • I can guess what the words are going to be when listening to a song that I've never heard before.
  • I don't know all the lyrics to most of my favorite songs, so I always fake through the words when it's playing. As said in krio, "a kin chamכt."
  • I subconsciously pop/crack knuckles and toes; when told to stop (usually by my mom), I get tempted to do it some more.
  • When participating in an activity that I'm not allowed to make any movements, that's when my nose, ears and other random places of my body start itching.
  • When holding something in powdered form, I suddenly get the feeling to sneeze.
  • When someone tells me of a bad habit that I have, I can no longer behave the same way anymore because I become so self-conscious about it.
  • When I watch certain shows on television, I feel embarrassed to tell some people because the shows are just so pointless.
  • I can stay home and watch Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) all day and be a couch potato.
  • When watching something very interesting on television and get sent to do errands around the house, I tend to turn on the televisions in every location I'm sent so I don't miss anything on the show. Of course I'm sprinting around the house like Usain Bolt while at it too.
  • When I'm watching my favorite shows, I get annoyed with too many and too little commercials; less commercials mean no time for a drink/food/pee break.
  • When watching a foreign movie without subtitles, I start assuming what they're talking about because of one English word that I may have heard.
  • I subconsciously talk to myself when I'm alone but never happens when in the midst of others; I also love to talk in third person about myself. That's Ruby for ya!
  • When I'm praying and get interrupted by someone who didn't know I was, I start all over again and tell God that I'm sorry for losing connection (as if I'm on the phone).
  • I'm constantly appalled at how some teenagers (especially in the West) get angry and rebellious for no reason and society justifies their anger just because "they're teenagers" and tolerate it.
  • I became very aware about what I put online after witnessing all the embarrassing things and secrets that were revealed about the candidates from online research in the 2008 and 2012 U.S. presidential elections. I don't want anyone digging up "dirt" on me during my future endeavors.
  • I refer to children I'm fond of as "my babies." I've got more than 30 babies living in Sierra Leone and the USA.
  • Due to the fact that I started living in the USA 10 years ago, I frequently use the excuse that "I'm foreign" when I don't understand some American jokes or facts just so I won't look clueless (sometimes I really do not understand).
  • I actively use my face, and make a lot of weird expressions on my face when talking.
  • I talk with my hands, A LOT! Don't believe me, watch my interviews on youtube.
  • I tend to show favoritism towards certain things; so if you want to win my heart, you must like/talk about things such as: Salone (Sierra Leone in general), girls' and women's empowerment, red (the color), Africa, Raven Symone, autism awareness, little Black girls with natural hair, Rani Mukherji, mining, God, Whitney Houston, feminism, STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) fields, Michael Jackson, and dance (specifically Salone/African & bellydance).
Hope you enjoyed my facts. Have a fantastic weekend!!!
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2012-2014 Ruby B. Johnson

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA.

Like my Facebook Page & Follow me on Twitter (@MissSaloneUSA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...