Sunday, December 29, 2013

Miss Sierra Leone USA Attends 2013 Leh We Talk Annual Party

Hello world!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. The past few days have been very relaxing for me and I've been surrounded with love, family, and great friends. Last night, I attended the 'Leh We Talk' Annual Party at Taste Ultra Lounge in Washington, District of Columbia.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
The main purpose of the 'Leh We Talk' Facebook group is to have Sierra Leoneans and non-Sierra Leoneans participate in an open on-line forum for focused debates and decision-making processes which pertain to various social, political, environmental, and developmental issues; inclusive of grassroots, national and international levels.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Left-Right:
Ms. Amie Conteh, Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson, and Ms. Janice Williams
Partial proceeds from the ticket sales will be going towards Sons Of Africa and Peagie Woobay Scholarship Fund. The event was hosted by Ms. Janice Williams of Sierra Leonean Empowerment Network (SLEN), and we were entertained with great music by Josie "DJ NoName" Beckley. Being the foodie that I am, I will gladly let you know that the food was very delicious. My stomach was happily filled with delicious Sierra Leonean food!
Ms. Halima Kamara (photographer, Halima Kamara Photography) and Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
In the photos above, I'm awarding the $50 gift card prize to Mr. Alusaine Yansaneh for winning the facts about Salone game. Congrats, The People's Ambassador!!!
Mr. Alusaine Yansaneh (People's Ambassador) and Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson
Group photo of some of the attendees
Overall I had a great time. It was wonderful to put the faces to names of folks I have interacted with via Leh We Talk over the past year, as well as seeing familiar faces again. Great job to the Leh We Talk team for putting up a classy and fun event.
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson

I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original. - Aaliyah

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA.

Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter @MissSaloneUSA
Follow me on Instagram @MissSierraLeoneUSA

Photo courtesy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...