Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Miss Sierra Leone USA at Miss Nigeria in America 2012 Pageant

Hello world!!!

Hope your week has been going well so far. This past Saturday, I was invited as a special guest to the Miss Nigeria in America 2012 Pageant in Maryland. I was very excited to support my fellow African pageant sisters, and see my new African sister Queen crowned. This is the first pageant I've attended after being crowned as Miss Sierra Leone USA, and it felt GREAT to be in audience in contrast to being a contestant on stage. I was also really excited to see a former high school friend of mine perform on stage, who was Miss Benue (Olayinka Oladiran). She did a fantastic job, and I am very proud of her. Go Blazers!

Miss Sierra Leone USA Ruby B. Johnson
The MNIA 2012 contestants predominantly consisted of women who are scholars and professionals. All the contestants did a phenomenal job, and throughout the pageant I could not guess who would be crowned. I don't know how the judges did it, but these ladies must have made their job very difficult. Seeing them shine on stage made me more proud to be an African woman, as well as belonging to the same generation as this group of women leaders.

Miss Sierra Leone USA crowning Queen Liya

Miss Sierra Leone USA and Queen Liya
The two pictures above show one of the best moments of my reign so far as Miss Sierra Leone USA! I met this beautiful little girl (Liya) before the show started. She took lots of interest in me, started entertaining me before the event started, and loved my crown. She was there to support her aunt, who I mentioned previously was a contestant (Miss Benue). She told me that when she grows up, she wants to win a pageant and will like to wear a big crown like mine. 


After she said that, I had to let her have her royal moment. I told her she could wear my crown and be a princess, because she's already beautiful and sweet like one. She completely lit up when I put the crown on her, and was a complete natural. Check out her princess wave also! Seeing her smile and completely entertained made my night. I'm rest assured that she'll grow up to be a phenomenal woman, with or without a crown!!

One of the perks of being MSLUSA? Reserved & VIP seating!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to the talented, intelligent, and beautiful Miss Tokunbo Kujore, formerly Miss Imo, and the newly crowned Miss Nigeria in America 2012. She gave a splendid performance on stage throughout the night, and carried herself with grace and confidence. She's also a very sweet girl. I wish her God's many blessings during her reign, and years to come!
Miss Sierra Leone USA 2012-2014 congratulating Miss Nigeria in America 2012-2013
I remember when I went up to the stage to congratulate her, she asked me with (shock and excitement) and a big smile on her face how did I feel when I was crowned MSLUSA. I told her that I had all kinds of emotions going on, I couldn't remember hearing much, and I remember mostly sobbing like a baby. My mom had to come up the stage to be with me, and calm my anxiety. I told her to soak in every moment now, and if possible get her family to just enjoy the moment with her on her big win!

Miss Sierra Leone USA 2012-2014 Ruby B. Johnson with Miss Nigeria in America 2012-2013 Tokunbo Kujore
The charismatic and beautiful Miss Benue with Miss Sierra Leone USA

Miss Sierra Leone USA and Mom

Miss Sierra Leone USA Ruby B. Johnson with Saran Kaba-Jones,
Philanthropist, and Founder of Face Africa
She received the 2012 MNIA Leadership Award

Miss Sierra Leone USA Ruby B. Johnson on the red carpet
The end of a great night!
I wish you all a great end of the week, and a fantastic weekend ahead. Take care!

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA


Like my Facebook Page & Follow me on Twitter (@MissSaloneUSA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...