Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Miss Sierra Leone USA Honored at Save Sierra Leone Foundation Hall of Fame Awards

Hello world!!!

Hope all is well with you and yours. Last Friday, I attended the Save Sierra Leone Foundation Top 100 Humanitarians Hall of Fame Awards in Maryland. When I was informed a couple of months ago that I was chosen as one of the recipients of this Award, I was very honored and excited. The list of recipients contains a dynamic group of women and men in various works of life working towards the betterment of all Sierra Leoneans and society as a whole. I was chosen as a recipient for this Award because of my work with When You Believe Foundation, and continuous efforts to girls' and women's empowerment in all communities. 

The night was inspiring, and it was wonderful seeing some familiar faces, as well as getting to meet new people. I was blessed to have had my family with me at the event, and sharing this special moment with me. Being at the event was also a nice break from my co-op and the engineering world, and getting to socialize a bit. I was very happy to have been given the opportunity to speak a little about my personal platform, SHERO, as Miss Sierra Leone USA. Enjoy the photos and "thank you" video below!

Mr. Melbourne Garber, President of Krio Descendants Union (NE Chapter)
KDU was my sponsor at the Miss Sierra Leone USA Pageant

My brother, Mr. Melbourne Garber, and my mom

Little Miss Jaisy
Daughter of Giileh Kebbie-Scholz

Vickie Fornah
Gospel artist

Janet Lagah-Bona
Junior Miss Sierra Leone 2008, Miss Virginia Pre-Teen 2010 (NAM), and one of my mentors 

Receiving my award from Ms. Patricia O. Thorpe-Finney and Mrs. Giileh Kebbie-Scholz

My brother, sister-in-law, and mom

Alusaine Yansaneh a.k.a The People's Ambassador

Dr. John Sandy, Mr. David Vandy, and my mom

David Vandy
Actor, Director, Playwright, Comic, International Broadcaster, and one of my mentors

Giileh Kebbie-Scholz
Gospel artist, Actress, Member of Save Sierra Leone Foundation


My Awards!!!

His Excellency Ambassador Bockarie Stevens
Sierra Leone's Ambassador to the U.S. and Canada

Mrs. Patricia O. Thorpe-Finney
Founder/President of Save Sierra Leone Foundation

Rapture Kids
Sisters who sing and raise awareness on various issues
Have a fantastic new week, and do something great for you and others. Stay blessed!!!

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA


Like my Facebook Page & Follow me on Twitter (@MissSaloneUSA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...