Friday, November 30, 2012

Miss Sierra Leone USA Applauds Leila Lopes, Forever Miss Universe 2011

Hello world!!!

Hope you and yours are doing great. I am doing well, thanks to the Almighty. The 2012 Miss Sierra Leone USA Pageant was the first pageant I competed in and because I was a pageant rookie, I did lots of research, practice, and asking questions to prepare for it. I am a firm believer in trusting God, living for, and believing in success, hence the reason my non-profit organization is called When You Believe Foundation; so with determination and God's grace I reached for and received help all the way to getting the Miss SLUSA title and crown this past July. During my journey, I watched lots of pageant videos and familiarized myself with different systems and winning qualities of a titleholder.
One of my favorite pictures/segment from the Pageant as
Miss Freetown USA before being crowned Miss Sierra Leone USA
A particular titleholder that I grew to love and admire is the reigning Miss Universe 2011, Leila Lopes from Angola. Even though I don't know her personally, I have followed her reign over the year by watching lots of her interviews and videos, read articles about her, viewed lots of pictures, as well as observed her service to various charities around the world. Due to the fact that I did not have interest for pageantry prior to last year, I cannot speak much about past Miss Universe titleholders and their time of service, and that is why I can speak solely of my admiration for Leila because I followed her reign. Service is one of the pillars of my personal platform (SHERO) as Miss Sierra Leone USA, Leila served many during her reign, and that is an admirable quality that drew my attention to her and other titleholders I know of.
Reigning Miss Universe 2011 - Leila Lopes
From the perspective of a fan and observer, I think Leila executed her reign (which I'd like to think of year of service) with strength, beauty, and grace. She is a phenomenal woman that I adore and makes me more proud to be woman, African, and a titleholder. Good luck Leila on your future endeavors, I'm rooting for you!!!
Leila Lopes
The 2012 Miss Universe Pageant is set to broadcast live on December 19 from Las Vegas, Nevada and there is a total of 89 contestants from around the world. I've always found it funny that the Pageant is called "Miss Universe" but the contestants are all from Planet Earth (haha). Sierra Leone has never represented on the Miss Universe stage, but by God's grace we will in a few years to come. There's an option to vote for one's favorite candidate on the Miss Universe website and that can give one candidate a green light into becoming a semifinalist during the final show. So check out the website and vote for your country/favorite candidate now!!!

Here's a list of the delegates from Africa:
Miss Angola 2012 - Marcelina Vahekeni

Miss Universe Botswana 2012 - Sheillah Molelekwa

Miss Universe Ethiopia 2012 - Helen Getachew

Miss Universe Gabon 2012 - Channa Divouvi

Miss Universe Ghana 2012 - Gifty Ofori

Miss Universe Namibia 2012 - Tsakana Nkandih

Miss Universe Nigeria 2012 - Isabella Ayuk

Miss Universe South Africa 2012 - Melinda Bam

Miss Universe Tanzania - Winfrida Dominic

Good luck to the Queens of the African Nations, my home-country girl (Miss Universe USA - Olivia Culpo), and all nations that will be represented!!!



UPDATE: Olivia Culpo from the USA (Miss Rhode Island USA 2012) won the title of Miss Universe 2012-2013. Go USA!!!


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA

SOURCES:
Life Depicted Photography
Miss Universe Organization

Like my Facebook Page & Follow me on Twitter (@MissSaloneUSA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...