Thursday, April 3, 2014

April 2014: Miss Sierra Leone USA Celebrates Sierra Leone's 53rd Year of Independence

Hello world!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I've been very busy with academics but happy, thanks to the Almighty. Happy new month, it's still surreal that we are already in the 4th month but April is special! Join me as I celebrate the Republic of Sierra Leone during the independence month in April. Throughout the month, I will highlight the history of the nation, as well as phenomenal women and men who have made significant impact in the nation at home and in diaspora communities worldwide. The conversation has already started, so find me on Facebook, twitter, or Instagram. To know more about my Independence activities on all social media, follow #IndSaloneTurns53
April 27, 1961 is Sierra Leone’s Independence Day. 

Miss Sierra Leone USA 2013-2014 Ruby B. Johnson Celebrates Sierra Leone's Independence Month
We must no longer allow ourselves to be distracted by the squabbles of the past. We may have our political differences; we may belong to different organizations and hold different opinions, but let us remember we are sons and daughters of Mama Salone, destined by our creator to share the same country, the same roads, the same schools, the same hospitals and the same neighborhoods. Let us continue to make it known to all that we have resolved to settle our political contests through peaceful, civil and constitutional means. 
- His Excellency The President of the Republic of Sierra Leone Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma.

Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA.

Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter @MissSaloneUSA
Follow me on Instagram @MissSierraLeoneUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...