Tuesday, April 15, 2014

#IndSaloneTurns53 - Miss Sierra Leone USA Celebrates Independence Month 2014 (Week 2)

Hello world!!!

I hope you and yours are doing well. I am doing great, all thanks to the Almighty. Join me as I celebrate the Republic of Sierra Leone during the independence month in April. Throughout this month, I have been highlighting the history of our nation, as well as phenomenal women and men who have made significant impact in the nation at home and in diaspora communities worldwide. The conversation has already started, so find me on Facebooktwitter, or Instagram. Below is the list of things and people highlighted for the second week in April. To know more about my Independence activities on all social media, follow #IndSaloneTurns53
April 27, 1961 is Sierra Leone’s Independence Day.


Day 8: Ebenezer Calendar
Sierra Leone music legend, The Great Ebenezer Calendar
Ebenezer Calendar
Click photo to enlarge

Day 9: Leone Stars
Leone Stars, the Sierra Leone national football (soccer) team

Leone Stars
Click photo to enlarge

Day 10: Sierra Leone Beaches and Islands
The many beaches and islands in Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone beaches and islands
Click photo to enlarge

Day 11: The Sierra Leone Pledge
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Republic of Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone national pledge
Click photo to enlarge

Day 12: Cotton Tree
Cotton Tree, a historical symbol in the Republic of Sierra Leone
Cotton Tree
Click photo to enlarge

Day 13: His Excellency Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma
His Excellency Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma, the 4th and current President of Sierra Leone
His Excellency Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma
Click photo to enlarge

Day 14: Freetown
Freetown, Sierra Leone's capital city
Freetown
Click photo to enlarge
Freetown is the city I was born and raised in, and represented at the 2012 Miss Sierra Leone USA pageant. As Miss Freetown USA, I carried that title with pride and wore that sash with honor because I know the significant role this city has played in cultivating Sierra Leone's modern history, and that it is the hub for all ethnic groups in the country.

We must do more to empower women and girls to ensure that our girls finish school and that they can contribute to the development of Sierra Leone. 
- Mrs. Zainab Hawa Bangura, United Nations Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict


Ruby B. Johnson,
Your Miss Sierra Leone USA.

Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter @MissSaloneUSA
Follow me on Instagram @MissSierraLeoneUSA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...